What's in these terms?
software-as-a-service platform available via https://teams.insiteapp.co.uk/
or Insite’s mobile application available via the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (the "Insite
Platform”), upload content to the Insite Platform, make contact with other users on the Insite
Platform, link to the Insite Platform, or interact with the Insite Platform in any other way.
You must keep your account details safe
You will be required to set up an account by creating a user name and password (your “account
details”) as part of our security procedures, you must treat your account details as confidential.
You must not disclose your account details to any third party, or share your account with any third
You are responsible for any unauthorised use of your account. If you know or suspect that anyone
other than you knows your account details or has used your account, you must promptly notify us at
You may not use the Insite Platform:
- If you are under 16.
- In any way that: (i) breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
(ii) is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or (iii)
involves child sexual exploitation or abuse.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To: (i) bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person; (ii) send, knowingly receive, upload,
download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (outlined
in the section below); (iii) transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or
unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation
(spam); (iv) knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses,
trojan horses, worms, time- bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful
programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer
software or hardware; or (v) upload terrorist content.
You also agree not to (except as may be allowed by any applicable law which is incapable of exclusion
by agreement between the parties):
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Insite Platform, except to the extent
permitted under an agreement between us and you.
- Attempt to de-compile, reverse compile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce to
human-perceivable form all or any part of the Insite Platform.
- Access all or any part of the Insite Platform in order to build a product or service which
competes with the Insite Platform.
- Access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Insite Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the Insite Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Insite Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Insite Platform
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply
to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Insite will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
- Must be accurate (where it states facts).
- Only contain opinions that are genuinely held.
- Must comply with the law applicable in any country from which it is posted and to which the
website is targeted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be: (i) defamatory of any person; (ii) obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; (iii) likely
to deceive any person; (iv) in contempt of court; (v) threatening, abuse or invade another's
privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; or (vi) likely to harass, upset,
embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Encourage, promote or provide instructions for: (i) deliberate self-harm; (ii) suicide; or (iii)
an eating disorder or behaviours associated with an eating disorder.
- Promote: (i) sexually explicit material; or (ii) discrimination based on race, sex, religion,
nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Include: (i) child sexual abuse material; (ii) material that might impair the physical, mental
or moral development of persons under the age of 18; or (iii) content that would be considered a
criminal offence under laws relating to terrorism, child sexual abuse material, racism or
- Incite violence or hatred against particular groups.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights of any person (including copyright, database rights or
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of
- Contain: (i) illegal content or promote any illegal content or activity; (ii) a statement which
you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to
whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect
encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of
terrorism; or (iii) any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Insite, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as
(by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Contribution in the form of video content:
- You must tell us immediately, if you upload a video containing any of the following: criminal
material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and
xenophobia), unclassified or unclassifiable videos, videos rated R18 or suitable for R18 rating
and other material that might impair the physical, mental or moral development of persons under
the age of 18 (“restricted material”).
- You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
- You must not upload a video containing advertising for any of the following:
- cigarettes and other tobacco products, electronic cigarettes or electronic cigarette
refill containers, and prescription-only medicine; or
- for alcoholic drinks that are not aimed specifically at under 18s and do not encourage
immoderate consumption of alcohol.
Any advertising included in a video you upload must not:
- prejudice respect for human dignity;
- include or promote discrimination based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, religion
or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
- encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
- encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment;
- cause physical, mental or moral detriment to persons under the age of 18;
- directly exhort such persons to purchase or rent goods or services in a manner which exploits
their inexperience or credulity;
- directly encourage such persons to persuade their parents or others to purchase or rent goods or
- exploit the trust of such persons in parents, teachers or others; or
- unreasonably show such persons in dangerous situations.
You must use the functionality provided on our site to declare whether, as far as you know or can
reasonably be expected to know, any video contains advertising.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as
we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may result in our taking all or any of the
- Immediate, temporary or permanent: (i) withdrawal of your right to use the Insite Platform; and
(ii) removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the Insite Platform.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including,
but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use
policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other
action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the
Insite Platform or any content on it.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including
negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in
- use of, or inability to use, the Insite Platform; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Insite Platform.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Insite Platform, please check
these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Insite Platform. Such
rights are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are
You acknowledge and agree that, should you provide any suggestions, comments or feedback to us
regarding the Insite Platform (“Feedback”), regardless of whether or not Feedback is provided
formally, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, fully paid
up licence and right to use the Feedback for any business purpose.